Friday 18 April 2014

Ombre Hair

Hey guys, its Karina.

So as you may know ombre hair is becoming very popular at the moment and it was something I wanted to do to my hair for a long time. Some of you may know the YouTuber/Blogger, Zoe Sugg mainly known as 'Zoella', she is a massive inspiration of mine, I think she beautiful and amazing, but she has ombre hair and this is where I got the idea from.



So I did some research and went out and bought a hair dye! I bought the  L'Oreal Paris, Wild Ombres. I bought shade No.1 which is for light brown to dark brown hair. I had been putting off dying my hair for such a while because I was scared it would go wrong, or id hate it and have to chop nearly all my hair off, so I waited for my hair to grow longer then just went for it! Because who cares I can just buy a brown hair dye and go over it!!


Applying the dye was very easy but very scary!! As Id never dyed my hair before I was a bit worried how it would turn out, as it could go orange! The kit I had bought came with a brush to apply the dye with, this helped a lot. It made it very easy and simple. Overall I was pleased with the outcome. But it took a while to get used to it. It didn't go as blonde as i wanted it went more browny/orange, but it looked like the box, so I suppose it worked!!. After about 11 weeks I decided to dye it again as it had faded and lost its brightness and healthy look. But this time i chose the next shade up. (No.2) as it was a little blonder. I dyed it yesterday and doing the exact same thing and it came out basically the same but slightly lighter, which is what i wanted. (The photo on the left above is after the 1st dye).
I would definitely recommend this product, its very good and basically does what the box says! Plus its easy to apply. The hardest part is trying not to get a line between the 2 colours of hair.

Overall at the moment I love my hair and I'm glad I did it.

I hope you have enjoyed reading this and it has helped you. If you are wanting to do this to your hair, I say go for it, you have nothing to lose!! :)

Thank you.

Love 

KARINA
xx

2 comments:

  1. Cool post! I really like your ombre hair, it was something I thought about but as my hair is curly (like you know) I thought the ombre wouldn't be smooth whatever I did and would probably just look silly so I didn't bother.
    I'm glad you managed to get it blonder this time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks Alice - Ah yeah I know what you mean, although I think it would work, coz when zoe has curled hair it looks cute :)

      Delete