Sunday 20 April 2014

Easter Meet Up & Things I bought in Superdrug

Hello everyone It's Zoe!

The Easter Meet Up

Yesterday I went to an Easter meet up with the Norwich Phandom in Norwich! (Backing story to the Norwich Phandom: when YouTubers Danisnotonfire and AmazingPhil came to Norwich last July, we formed a little friendship group with most of the people sat outside waiting where Dan and Phil were filming. Since then we've all become such good friends!) Unfortunately we were missing a lot of people yesterday but we still had fun. We took a few polaroids on my polaroid camera (I will probably do a post about it in the future!) and they are so cute.

In the morning I actually said to everyone "How weird would it be if we saw Jim and Tanya today as we are in the city?" Well unknown to me... This actually happened. 
WE MET JIM CHAPMAN! 




Once we had all had single photos with him, we asked whether we could get a group photo and so because most of us were too awkward to ask someone walking past to take the photo, he went and asked a man for us! What a gentleman! It was just so odd to see Jim after actually saying how weird it would be if we saw him! 

Things I bought in Superdrug

So before all of this madness happened, we went into A LOT of shops. I kind of had to keep my hands in my pockets for most of the shops we went into because my bank card was burning a hole in my purse and I wanted to buy EVERYTHING I saw! I did however buy a few things in Superdrug. (Whoops.)


The first thing I bought was the Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer. It's quite pricey for a concealer but I have had this one before so it's well worth the money! The one I had before was the 'True Ivory' one but this time I got 'Ivory' because I felt like the 'True Ivory' was a bit too light for my skin tone. I tried this one I bought yesterday and it's just right! I've had other concealers before but I didn't like the applicator for it, but I love this one as I prefer a wand to a brush pot. 


The next thing I bought was 'Penguin Chic' Nail Polish from Tanya Burr's Lips & Nails collection. I'm a big fan of Tanya so when I heard Tanya was bringing out lip gloss and nail polish collection, I was quite excited! I'm not a massive lip gloss person so I was more excited about the nail polishes than the lip glosses.
When they were first released, I looked at the collection and I loved the look of the 'Penguin Chic' nail polish and really wanted some! I waited till they were in stores rather than buy online because if I have the choice to, I would rather go to a store and get it there and then because I'm a rather impatient person! I went to the superdrug in Chapelfield Mall and they had every colour bar the one I wanted! 
That was a bit frustrating to say the least! Luckily there is another one in Norwich that wasn't that far away so I went to the one on St Stephen's Street. This time I managed to find the one I wanted! As far as nail polishes go, the colour is gorgeous! This colour is very different to the other nail polishes I own which is another reason why I wanted to get it. I'm quite lazy when it comes to doing my nails (as you can probably see by the state of them) so I prefer it when nail polishes are quick drying ones. This one isn't but I didn't really care because I like the colour too much to care whether it dried quickly! 



The last thing I bought was the MUA 'Undress Me Too' Eyeshadow Palette. I had seen this palette before and I had heard that the colours are really pigmented and that it's a good little palette to have. (Not to mention it's only £4!) I was standing with my friend Emily whilst in Superdrug and she was saying that it's quite similar to the 'Urban Decay Naked' Palettes. Now those palettes cost nearly £40 a piece so I was more than curious as to what Emily has said. So I went ahead and bought it!
I haven't tried out any of the 'Urban Decay Naked' palettes so I wouldn't be able to tell you whether there was a difference or not, but it WAS quite pigmented! I REALLY love this palette. I don't normally wear eyeshadow as I am in desperate need of some new brushes and it's quite a chore to put it on every single day, but I really enjoyed putting this on and it looks really pretty. I'm not too keen on really sparkly eyeshadows and instead go for more matte eyeshadows. But with this set, I really like it despite the majority of the palette being sparkly! On the back of the palette, it has a handy guide to tell you what each colour is called and it has a mini master class for you to try out. I didn't use that this time as I wanted to experiment. I am not an expert at applying eyeshadow. I'll just warn you now. 



I did this look (pictured above) using the colour 'Lavish' all over the lid using the provided eyeshadow applicator. I then took the colour 'Obsessed' on the outer corner going through the crease and blending it slightly with a fluffy brush. I then took an eyeliner brush and lined my eyes with the colour 'Corrupt' which is a really nice jet black shadow. I made a slight wing, took it under my eye and then there we have it! I love this look because when I looked at it properly after I had done it, It really made my eyes look even more gold which is great because I love the colour of my eyes!

So there we go that's a post about the crazy day I had yesterday and a mini haul! I hope you have a great Easter today and make sure you eat lots of chocolate! 

Until the next time,

Zoe

x

2 comments:

  1. I would love a Polaroid camera - they are so cool! I am also extremely jealous you met Jim Chapman.
    I have that eye shadow pallete! I'm also not one for bothering with eye shadow but when I do its great for everyday looks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are really cool and SO worth the money. - And I know! IT WAS SO STRANGE WE JUST SAW HIM!! As he went down the escalator (opposite Holister) he looked at me and I waved goodbye and he smiled and waved goodbye back! It was so cute. - And yeah I was doing some more research into the eyeshadow palette and apparently its quite a close duplicate for the Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette! - Zoe

      Delete