Saturday 10 May 2014

Zoe's Art.

Hello everyone! It's Zoe!

Today's topic for my blog post I thought I would talk about art. I'm always drawing whether it is digital or on paper. I am not the best artist but i've got to say that I am not that bad! I took GCSE Fine Art and within doing this I progressed my skills in Art through different mediums. I used to be rather good at painting but when finishing GCSE's I didn't really have time to continue using paints so it's been rather a long time since I properly painted (as in using oil or acrylic paints) something! 
(KickThePJ - Pencil drawing)
AmazingPhil (Signed - Biro & Watercolour Pencil background)
Danisnotonfire (Signed - Coffee & Biro)
I did however carry on drawing! I am very self taught when it comes to drawing. It has been a case of trial an error over the years. Some drawings go well and I'm quite proud of them and others go really bad and I want to tear my hair out! I think I have progressed quite well when it comes to digital drawings over the 3 - 4 years i've been doing it! I first got a drawing tablet and photoshop when I started Fast Track Photography (a story for another day) and I don't think i've put it down since! It seems every single time I go on the computer I draw at least one thing. 
(KickThePJ - One of my first proper digital paintings)
(The first drawing I did in Paint Tool SAI - I switched to SAI because it was way easier than photoshop *in my opinion*)
(Wirrow inspired drawing)
WorldOfTheOrange (Liguorilicious inspired drawing)
KickThePJ from 'Smokey Saloon' (Not really an inspired drawing. Just a drawing style I tried out.)
At this particular moment, the things I tend to draw the most is cartoons. I used to draw realistic drawings (and still do!) but I've always wanted to try and find a style of cartoon that I could draw all the time. Alas, I am yet to find this. I have tried hundreds of different styles of cartoons and nothing has stuck that I felt most comfortable drawing. Apart from the 'Adventure Time' style of cartoon. I really enjoy drawing this style. It's quite easy once you get the hang of it! 
(KickThePJ - Requested by someone on my Tumblr)
(KickThePJ & Me)
(KickThePJ as Finn the Human and his companion Fuzzwald the Penguin)
(Dan and Phil - Drawn for someone for Tumblr's Dan and Phil Secret Santa)
You might recognise that I have quite a collection of YouTuber drawings. I guess I draw YouTubers (especially people I watch regularly) because I'm so used to seeing their face that I know what their face looks like pretty much off heart. So the more you draw them, the more you get used to drawing their face and the better you get at drawing their face? (If you get what I mean...?) So that will explain why quite a lot of the drawings are PJ.

As far as physical pencil on paper drawings go, at the moment i've been working quite a lot with ink and water colour pencils. I just LOVE using ink. Granted it isn't the easiest to use and can be temperamental (ink can spread. Quite quickly) but it's good to use. Here are some examples of my most recent work (again sorry it is all about PJ! You should see by now why I draw him so much because you can see quite a vast improvement *I hope!*): 



I really think that water colour pencil and ink go well together and can look quite effective. 

Well that's some of my art! Please let me know if you liked my art and I would love to also know if people are interested in seeing more of my work? Have a nice rest of the weekend whatever you are up to! 

Until the next time,

Zoe
x

No comments:

Post a Comment